Monday, October 10, 2011

Theme Week

It appears we have a theme running around here this past week, and that theme has been "puke on mom" week. Lovely.

It started with Audrey climbing down the stairs on the swingset. She wanted me to hold her--how sweet! And then she puked all over me and herself. I stripped it down in the backyard and headed for the house. Hope none of the neighbors were watching but that was too nasty to stay in for one second longer.

The baby was coughing so much from her cold a few days later that she puked all over me and the couch at 2 AM. That was fun.

Then last night with the lights off I sat down in the recliner to rock the baby to sleep. My pants felt a little bit damp, so I wiped my hand back there to check it out. Doggie barf (which was identified by its Purina-rific smell). All over the butt of my pants (and the recliner!)

This morning Amber got up and threw up all over the floor. But I just feel a little left out here because it didn't ACTUALLY get on me, other than when I was washing her off in the tub. Just didn't quite hit that 100%. I'm a high achiever, I know...

But seriously--can we get some good health over here?!?! Since about 10 days ago, we've all had various combinations of the following: extreme diarrhea, vomiting, strep throat, ear infections, cold, and cough. My kitchen counter looks like a micro-Walgreens!

No comments:

Post a Comment