Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oh, they grow so fast...


Today was Amber's last day of school before her birthday on Sunday, so I offered to bring a special treat for the kids. So naturally, I was baking cookies and putting on frosting way past when I should have been in bed last night, but I digress...

When I woke her up this morning for school, I said "Good morning! Happy UNbirthday!" She sat up and stretched out her arms and said "WOW, Mama! Look at my arms how long they are! I grew FAST last night!" Playing into this, I told her to look at her pajama pants. The cuffs were pushed up around her mid-calves.

She looked down and saw how short they looked. When she looked back up at me, her eyes were wide with excitement! "Mama, I grew REALLY REALLY fast last night!"

The child was certain that because today was a "birthday" of sorts, she had grown overnight! She couldn't wait to run out and tell Jay to look at her and see how big she'd gotten. Then she proceeded to tell anyone who would listen how big she was now because she's growing so fast!

Oh, the sweet innocence... brings a smile to my face every time I think of it!

1 comment: