Friday, February 25, 2011

Staying the course

So when I first found out I was pregnant... again... I figured I had a good long time for Amber to get potty trained. I mean, she wasn't even 3 yet at that point.

And NOW I'm getting impatient because I realize that #3 is going to be here in a short couple of months and this stubborn girl is still not doing her job. She's potty-trained one or two days, and then she falls off the wagon. I realize that going to swing and playing with Thomas the Train is very exciting and it's hard to tear yourself away, but for goodness sake I AM SO TIRED OF CHANGING TWO BUTTS ALL DAY!! Especially when ONE of those two butts has been semi-using the potty for well over half a year now.

So I get it into my head that I will just start making her wear regular underwear. I talk it up--she's all excited. (She's very into being "tall" and "big" like mommy right now. She's the only person in the world who thinks I'm tall.)

I figured we'd have accidents, but she'd be so upset by wetting her clothes that she'd get it under control ASAP and that would be the end of things.

OOOOOH, but no. I should have figured as much with that brick-headed child. Today was day 1 and we had 3 accidents. She made NO attempt to use the potty and could not have cared less about walking around with a "bonus" in her underwear.

I found myself getting REALLY PISSY with her. I know you're not supposed to make it a negative experience and be all supportive and do it on her timetable. But this is driving me CRAAAAAAZY!!!!!

But I am staying the course for at least a few days... she has GOT to do it sometime, right????? Though I have visions of myself sending her to her prom with a purse full of Pampers.

2 comments:

  1. the idea of 3 in diapers boggles my mind!! Hope Amber decides to get over the whole diaper thing sooner than later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she wants to be tall like you! I have so many friends going through toilet training...good luck!

    ReplyDelete