Monday, January 10, 2011

Missing a mom gene?

As any parent would probably tell you about their own kids, I love my girls with all my heart. I couldn't imagine my life without the two of them in it! And of course, this lends itself to worry over their health and safety at all times. I SERIOUSLY don't know how I'd go on if something happened to either one of them. They truly are my life.

That being said, I just CANNOT get into this whole pregnancy thing. I mean, there's the excitement about a new kid coming... but I want that kid here now! Forget this 40 weeks of waiting--let's get the show on the road!!! And it seems like most women I hear about talk about how much they just LOOOOVE being pregnant. It makes me wonder--am I missing some mommy gene somewhere along the line?

I wish I did, but I just DO NOT enjoy being pregnant. I ABHOR the first half where I'm throwing up and feeling like a giant sack of poo (then again, who wouldn't hate that?) But beyond that point, I hate the toll it takes on my body--fatigue, sore feet, acne, swollen boobs, stretch marks. I hate that I look like a bus in sneakers at the end, and I hate the "don't look pregnant and just look fat" phase I'm in right now. And I hate being slowed down--I like to run around and play and get on the floor and all that other good stuff you can do with little kids, but my butt is always tired, strained, sore, or whatever.

I just really, really can't wait to have my body back. Maybe I'm not the only mom out there who feels this way, but I definitely think I'm in the minority. If we could speed up the process, I think that would help me greatly. Or maybe it's just that come May, I'll have been pregnant for nearly 2.5 years out of the last 4+. And if we factor in nursing, I've had a baby suckled to me either in utero or at breast since January 2007 (with the exception of about 4 months). I am ready for a break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment