Thursday, January 6, 2011

Amber's Awesome Day

Though I'd really rather be crashing right now, I'm afraid if I don't capture Amber's day RIGHT NOW, it'll be forgotten.... and I might need to come back to this one day when she's driving me bananas and know "Yes, she's really going to be ok. This too shall pass."

First of all, she got up and got ready for school with NO FIGHTS. AND she even went to the potty before we left, which has happened ONCE this whole school year thus far. (She started using the potty again yesterday, and I hope beyond all hopes that this will REALLY be it since she's doing it on her own terms and not because I was bribing her). She got out the car with no struggles and was happy about going to class. Sometimes we get a "I want to stay home" from her in the mornings, not because she doesn't have a fun at school but because she's usually a grump in the mornings if being made to get moving before she's ready to.

But when I picked her up, the preschool director told me she was a "smart cookie" when she loaded her in the car, as Amber knew all the answers during circle time. Not knowing what they did during circle time, she explained that they were doing colors and shapes and Amber was popping off answers as fast as the teacher could ask. (I hope this is more socially acceptable in a class of 2's and 3's than it would be in grade school.) "She even knew OCTAGON!" Heck, I didn't even know the kid knew what an octagon was. This kid is just a sponge.

And when I got home, there was a note in her backpack that she stayed dry the whole time and even used the potty at school for the first time!!!! I am stoked--big progress for little Amber!

She played a little while and then ACTUALLY REQUESTED to take a nap because, as she put it, "I played hard today." What a hoot. And she did go down with no fight. She even got up in a great mood and STAYED in a great mood till bedtime, which she did with no fight as well. I couldn't tell her enough how proud I was of her--and she peed on the potty for the second day in a row (Still not on board with poop, but I'm just thrilled she's interested at all!)

I swear, on days like this, I could just eat that kid up. I mean, I love her all the time, but times like these just make me melt into a big puddle of mom-goo!

No comments:

Post a Comment