Friday, July 30, 2010

Just the beginning...

As time marches on, I find myself frequently feeling that infamous "mommy guilt" over not recording my children's little moments... I get so caught up in the "now" and think "Oh, I'll remember that," only to discover months later that I have NO CLUE when something happened. For instance, when dusting off the baby book the other day, I realized I hadn't written down when Audrey first started waving "bye bye." (Critical life-shattering development, I know). I couldn't even make a ballpark guess. Was it two months ago when Jay and I went on our trip and she waved as we left? Or was it five months ago? Not that it's a big deal... but that's just a sample of what I feel I've neglected to write down and now can't remember. Not to mention the sweet little day-to-day joys (and terrors) that I'd like to look back on to remember and hopefully, laugh about. Now, I've been notorious about not keeping up with journaling, but I have come to accept that I am just not a pen-and-paper kind of a girl. My mind is overflowing with ideas, and my time is limited, so making chicken scratch on a piece of paper is annoyingly slow for me.

And the strange this is---I often think of my life in terms of a journal post... Something will happen and I'll imagine how I would describe it in my own words at my keyboard. I actually hear it in my head like I was reading it out of a book, and yet, that step gets lost somehow. I solemnly swear from here on out to try to record the ups and downs of everyday life with 2 silly little girls. And I hope not to forget about this a week from now. Well, at least that's the plan....

No comments:

Post a Comment