Friday, July 30, 2010

I-scream for moments like these

Remember the old little ditty "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"

Well, generally, shopping trips with the girls pretty much entail the first half of that--we're all screaming by the end. Oh, heck... someone's screaming from the moment we get into the hot car. May not be the same party the whole trip, but it seems like someone's always fussing...

Anyway, today's little excursion was to Sam's, which is great because they have that little cafe thingy. I'm not above using a little bribe to make my shopping trip less painful. I call that 97-cent ice cream in a cup money well spent to preserve my sanity.

So we get through the store with both girls sitting in the front of the basket (which was so cute just in itself) so we get the promised ice cream in a cup. Amber's licking it as fast as she can, while little Audrey just looks at her with sad eyes. I get a spoon to give her a taste saying "Amber, can Audrey have a little taste please?" And before I could dip the spoon, Amber was holding her ice cream out for Audrey to have a taste. Oh, if only I had a camera ready to shoot at that moment!! Here was my "big girl" holding out her prized ice cream while little sister took a baby bite off the side. It's this kind of moment I hope I never forget--the kind I'll remember fondly when these two are teenagers who are at each other's throats one day in the distant future!

These little moments where the girls get along so well and Amber shares so willingly with her sister are what carry me through the oh-so-many moments of fighting, shoving, and whining... if only we could have them more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment