Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pregnancy Disclaimer

As of Wednesday, 11/17/10, I will officially be 13 weeks into this 40-week "adventure." And so, after already receiving numerous questions--don't you love how being pregnant gets you all these questions and comments?--I must post a few responses to head off the vast majority:

1. No, this was not planned. We are the poster children for fertility, apparently.
2. Yes, these three kids will be close in age. 21 months between the first two, and if all goes as planned, 22 months between the last two.
3. Notice I said "LAST TWO" in the above. This will be the caboose. If I have to perform a "home vasectomy" to ensure that, then so be it. (Just kidding, Jay. Sort of.)
4. I do not care if this is a boy or girl. We don't have a boy, but we do have lots of girl stuff. So it's a win either way. I asked God to give me a good sleeper last time, regardless of sex, and I didn't get that. But I've been an extra good girl this time...
5. No, we were not trying for a boy.
6. No, we will not have more children in hopes of having a boy.
7. No, it's not twins. Please don't tell me I look so huge that surely there's more than one kid in there. There's not. I'm just a fat pregnant lady. Back off before I hurt you.
8. Am I crazy? Yes, yes I am. Or at least, I will be by the end of this ordeal. But hey, what can you do?

1 comment:

  1. Yes you're crazy but CONGRATULATIONS! damn I would be dead serious about the home vasectomy. Adam's already said he'll volunteer if twins somehow happened or if we do 3..oh man. hope you're having a good pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete