Monday, August 9, 2010

Lesson leared at the snowball stand


I've spent my whole life in Louisiana, so snowballs are no where near a new thing for me. HOWEVER, snowballs + babies is a whole different ball game and we made a lot of rookie mistakes...

Mistake #1--we let the dogs take a ride with us. They were really in the way for what transpired next.

Mistake #2--I ordered Amber a strawberry snowball. All kids like strawberry, right? Well, I should have chosen a lighter-colored flavor for the sake of my laundry...

Mistake #3--I gave Amber the whole snowball to eat while in her carseat. I knew it was hot, but I never figured that sucker would melt down quite so fast. And of course, when it melted and dripped, she freaked out and squeezed the cup. Which of course led to red snowball sloshing out into her lap, in her diaper, all over her clothes... She looked like a vampire right after a fresh kill.

But on the up side, both girls LOVED the snowballs, and the carseats needed a cleaning anyway... we ended up stripping Amber down and letting her just enjoy the rest on the back deck, and let the red syrup drip where it may!

Here's a little pic of my mini-vampire... Bram Stoker would be proud.

2 comments:

  1. lol she does look like a mini vampire! Yeah, I learned this summer that Elise gets only clear ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hysterical! I didn't know you had a blog.. I'll be following now :)

    ReplyDelete